This is a lovely side dish with roast chicken, lamb or pork chops – pan-fried, oven cooked or on the BBQ. It’s fresh, delicious, substantial, quick and low carb – just the job for the warmer days of lockdown!
- 2 courgettes halved, halved again and then cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 dessertspoon of light olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 10 unpitted green olives, roughly chopped
- A handful of parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1 dessertspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of Maldon salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- First, make the salsa. Mix the onion, olives tomatoes and herbs in a large dish and add the vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the light oil in a frying pan and then add the courgettes. Saute them quickly for a few minutes so they are cooked but still have plenty of bite. Place them on a serving plate or shallow sided dish.
- Spoon the salsa over the courgettes. Enjoy!
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?
NB: Always consult an appropriately qualified health professional before adopting a dramatic lifestyle change – we’re all different, what works for one person doesn’t work for everyone.