Pigeon Cottage Kitchen – favourite mail order and online food sites.
I’ve started this as a new page because people always want to know where I like to shop and eat. So, here are few links to my favourite places – keep watching the page as I’ll be adding new things all the time.
- Salter and King craft butchers, Aldeburgh. Wonderful meats and pies. They also import authentic Pimenton and fat chorizo cooking sausages from Spain. Definitely worth a visit!
- Hubbards Traditional Butchers, Bury St Edmunds my local, where I shop regularly. Fantastic meat with excellent provenance run by the lovely David and Caroline Hubbard.
- The Garlic Farm – I first discovered these awesome guys at the RHS Hampton Court Palace garden show, their black garlic is now a firm favourite.
- Framlingham Market. Top quality produce, fresh fish, meat and lots of artisan goods – bread, cakes, soups etc. A lovely day out.
- Wyken. Fantastic Farmers market every Saturday, lovely cafe, restaurant (The Leaping Hare) and Country Store. A little piece of heaven in Suffolk.
- Nifeislife.com – Italian speciality foods.
- Brindisia – Spanish grocery specialities from the famous London food stores and restaurants.
- Pump Street Bakery – Orford, Suffolk. Eccles cakes, sourdough, chocolate and more, delivered to your door!
- Tregothnan Tea – based in Cornwall, the only place tea is grown in Britain.
- Rare Tea Company – great gifts for the tea head!
- Ottolenghi pantry online – all you need to cook Ottolenghi-style.
- Betty’s of Yorkshire – superlative tea, coffee, chocolates, cakes, baked goods and food gifts from my favourite place in Yorkshire delivered directly to your home.
- Demijohn – gorgeous and unusual kinds of vinegar, oils and homemade liqueurs from Edinburgh. Blackcurrant gin anyone?
- Sous Chef – all kinds of unusual and hard to source ingredients from countries like Brazil, Vietnam, USA, France, Japan and India.
- Steenbergs Organic – organic products of kinds from this Yorkshire based business with lots of lovely herb, salt and spice blends.
- Mex Grocer – for all things authentically Mexican.
- Field & Flower grass-fed meat, mail order.
- Pong – the ultimate mail order cheese site.
- BoroughBox – seriously nice gifts for food lovers.
To buy my recipe book “Whats4teaMum?” Favourite recipes from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen – paperback £6.99 click here.