In the summer heat, traditional coleslaw with mayonnaise can feel a little heavy and go oily if left to stand. This crisp, lime dressed slaw with mint and coriander is light and refreshing and perfect with BBQ’ed or grilled meat and fish. Simple, tasty, quick and healthy!
You will need…
- 1/2 red cabbage, core removed
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 small red onion
- A bunch of radishes
- A small bunch of mint and coriander
- The juice of a lime and a little of the zest
- 1 teaspoon of Maldon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Finely shred the red cabbage, grate the carrots and finely slice the radishes and red onion. Chop the mint and coriander. Mix them all together in a large bowl.
- Mix the lime juice, zest, salt and sugar together. Stir until dissolved.
- Just before you want to serve it, pour over the slaw and mix thoroughly.