We recently had a wonderful long weekend in a beautiful house called Barn Drift in Cley on the north Norfolk coast to celebrate our friend’s birthday. A few of us cooked up a feast for sixteen for our Saturday supper so I’m naming this #FridayRecipe salad in honour of the event. I made a huge bowl of this but it can be scaled up or down obviously – it goes beautifully with lamb.
- 3 cucumbers
- A handful of fresh mint and dill, finely chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons of Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (I use a melon baller or a small spoon). Chop into rough bite-sized chunks and add to a large serving bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, herbs, vinegar, oil and feta. Mix thoroughly and chill in the fridge until you need to serve it.
Barn Drift Birthday Buffet Menu
Just in case you’d like to replicate the menu…the recipes are all already in the blog, just scale up the quantities to serve more people. There were also beautiful desserts but I didn’t make those so no recipes for those I’m afraid.
- Tabbouleh deluxe
- Fresh summer slaw
- Roast butternut squash with spicy onions and feta
- BBQ lamb
- Spiced belly pork
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?