Perfect summer salad
Well, summer isn’t here exactly but it’s been good enough for BBQ weather and so that means chargrilled meat and salad. This is good ‘un! I served this with butterflied lamb marinated in olive oil, garlic and lemon zest. The salad should really be made with pomegranate seeds but it’s tricky to buy them outside of Christmas so, at this time of year, I make it with thinly sliced red onion soaked in lemon juice to tone down the bite.
You will need …
- 2 to 3 heads of fennel, thinly sliced.
- Pomegranate seeds or thinly sliced red onion soaked in lemon juice for about an hour.
- Juice of 2 lemons.
- Tablespoon of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped.
- A handful of tarragon leaves.
- Half a packet of feta cheese, crumbled.
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the sliced fennel in a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil. Lay it in the bottom of a large base dish and mix in the red onion and flat leaf parsley.
- Add a layer of tarragon and crumbled feta and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
Pingback: Pigeon Cottage Xmas Party Cold Table – all the recipes! | Pigeon Cottage Kitchen