Mustardy and crunchy, this salad is gorgeous with cold meats and makes an interesting alternative to coleslaw. I often serve it as a dinner party starter with finely sliced artisan salami and chopped cornichons.
You will need…
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise – home made or good quality bought mayo.
- 1 tablespoon of natural yoghurt.
- 1 small head of celeriac, peeled and finely grated in a food processor.
- Juice of a lemon.
- 1 generous tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- A handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, lovage or chives.
- Sea salt and freshly ground white and black pepper to taste.
Place all the ingredients in bowl, mix thoroughly and season to taste. Add a little more mayo if it isn’t enough to coat the shredded celeriac properly.
Set aside in the fridge for at least an hour or so to allow the flavours to develop fully and for the celeriac to soften a little before serving. It can be made the day before so long as you keep it in the fridge covered with cling film.