When you’re busy at work, maybe late home, but want something tasty and quick that just uses storecupboard ingredients, this tuna linguine really hits the spot. This is a real mid-week supper lifesaver that we’ve made time and again. I use linguine because I prefer it and I’ve always got some in the pantry but it works with most pasta shapes.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 x 110g tin of tuna
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 200g of linguine
- Black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion gently for about 6 minutes until it’s soft and light golden not browned.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and sugar and reduce a little to intensify the flavour.
- Cook the linguine in plenty of boiling salted water following the instructions on the packet – usually 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well when cooked.
- Stir the tuna flakes into the tomato sauce.
- Add the pasta and combine thoroughly with the sauce.
- Serve in warmed bowls, add the Parmesan cheese and black pepper.