Homely, warming, tasty, comforting. Oh, and easy to make. Who wouldn’t love this wonderful one pot supper? I use chicken thigh meat and Unearthed brand chorizo sausages – its delicious with the chunky vegetables in its rich tomato sauce. A little bit of Spanish inspired comfort food for these damp, dull, cold days. Serves four people easily.
- 4 Unearthed chorizo sausages
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and bone
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin of butterbeans
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes cut into chunks on the diagonal
- 2 carrots cut into chunks on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pimenton – Spanish paprika
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy cast iron casserole on the hob.
- Add the chorizo sausages and brown. Set aside on a warmed plate. Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly. Set aside with the chorizo.
- Gently cook the onion and garlic in the remaining oil until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Add the carrots and sauté gently.
- Add the paprika, the tomatoes, tomato purée and the sherry vinegar.
- Add the chorizo and chicken back into the sauce.
- Cook in the oven for an hour.
- Add in the courgettes and the butterbeans, check and adjust the seasoning and cook through for another 20 minutes.
- Serve on warmed plates with some crusty bread to mop up the yummy sauce.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?