This fabulous marinated roast chicken dish is a super-quick and easy weekday supper that you’ll make time and time again it’s so delicious. Inexpensive, quick, tasty! Three words I never tire of when it comes to choosing family recipes.
You will need…
- Paprika marinade: 1 tbsp hot Spanish paprika, 2 tbsps light olive oil, 1 tbsp sea salt, 1 tbsp sherry vinegar, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- To serve four: 8 skin-on chicken thigh pieces.
- Trim any excess skin from the bottom of the chicken pieces (leave the skin on top) and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken pieces. Coat thoroughly, cover and set aside for at least a couple of hours.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C and place the chicken pieces in a shallow, oven-proof roasting dish – metal or earthenware.
- Roast the chicken pieces or 40 to 45 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden and the meat is thoroughly cooked through.
- Pour off any fat and cooking juices, skim off the fat and serve the remaining sauce on the side.
- Serve with rice and sautéed courgettes, or new potatoes and steamed green beans.
Buy my recipe book “Whats4teaMum?” Favourite recipes from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen – to download your very own copy for the princely sum of £3.59 click here.