Perfect with plain grilled salmon or smoked salmon, this Swedish potato salad is simple to make and a great ‘make ahead’ dish if you’ve got guests. Use new potatoes or a firm, waxy variety like Charlotte, a generous handful of fresh dill with a tangy sour cream dressing and you won’t be disappointed. This quantity serves four but it’s easy to scale up if you’re entertaining.
- 500g Charlotte or new potatoes, washed with loose skin scrubbed off
- 15g fresh dill, finely chopped
- 150ml pot of soured cream
- 12 cornichons, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water for approx 10 minutes or until cooked through – test with the point of a sharp knife. Drain and turn out on a chopping board for them to cool thoroughly. Chop into bite sized chunks and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the very finely chopped red onion, cornichons and dill. Pour over the soured cream, season with black or white pepper and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a serving dish and refrigerate until needed.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on Twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen, and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?