This simple chicken supper dish takes minutes to prep, about 40 minutes to cook and really delivers on flavour. The mustard and cheese layer melts and melds with the pancetta wrapping to flavour the chicken, keeps it moist and provides a delicious sauce. You could leave out the cheese if you want to reduce the calorie count – just add a little more mustard. Yum either way!
You will need…
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 95g pack of thinly sliced pancetta – I use Waitrose ‘Cook’s Ingredients’
- 4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 slices of cheese such as Emmental, Taleggio or Gruyère
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Gently lift the slices of pancetta out of the packet and overlap them to the width of the chicken breast.
- Lay the chicken breast onto the pancetta. Season liberally with black pepper, coat with 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard and lay over the cheese.
- Carefully roll the chicken up with the pancetta slices so that the breast is completely covered.
- Transfer to a roasting dish and roast for 40 minutes, baste after about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. The pancetta should be crisp, the chicken moist and there will be delicious juices in the pan to pour over whatever you serve it with – new potatoes or rice and green veg.