I’m always on the lookout for new and unusual ways to eat vegetables and add to my selection of carb-substitute dishes to support my low-carb eating programme. This fresh-tasting salad of finely grated raw cauliflower, spring onion, dill, parsley, olive oil and lemon totally hits the spot!
- 1 small to medium-sized cauliflower
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10g finely chopped dill
- 30g finely chopped fresh English/curly parsley – the flavour is better than flat-leaf
- Optional: a teaspoon of ground allspice or roasted cumin
- Firstly, the cauliflower needs to be coarsely grated into a bowl. You can do this on the roughest edge of a box grater or, most easily, using the coarse grating disc on your food processor.
- Mix in the finely chopped spring onions, herbs, lemon juice oil and seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly and adjust the seasoning or oil to lemon ration to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate or bowl. Enjoy!
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?