As I didn’t actually get the June holiday in Spain I had planned, on account of the lockdown, I’m planning to bring a little bit of Spain to my garden instead this year. Most of these recipes have been published already over the years (and I’ll add some more soon that I just haven’t had time to write yet), but it helps to have them in a collection so that you can either just put on a massive tapas feast, or select a couple as a starter and then go main course and dessert if you really want to push the boat out. Whilst we’re still all trying to work out the etiquette of entertaining in the post-COVID world, tapas is quite a nice way to go because you can serve them in separate little dishes for e.g. each couple or household group.
For the tapas
Some or all of these ideas…
- Padron peppers tapas – 3 ways!
- Spanish tapas meatballs in sherry sauce
- Patatas bravas
- Baby tomato and roasted pepper salad with sherry vinegar dressing
- Chilled tomato and cucumber soup (gazpacho)
- Top up with clever supermarket buys: Spanish olives, baby chorizo sausages – grilled on the BBQ, slices of Iberico ham, anchovies (boquerones en vinagre) or grilled artichokes in olive oil.
For the main event
Either of these easy make-ahead dishes makes for a delicious main course. If you haven’t seen your friends or family for a while, no need to waste time in the kitchen whilst they’re visiting!
- Chorizo paella with spinach and roasted peppers
- Chorizo and Judion bean stew Serve with some crusty bread.
There are few nicer desserts than either of these on a warm summer’s day – also easy to make ahead of time.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?