These slightly spicy baby roast potatoes are perfect with summer BBQ food or as part of a tapas lunch. I use new potatoes or Charlotte potatoes for best results, hot smoked Spanish paprika/Pimenton and good quality light olive oil with a sprinkling of Maldon salt just before serving. Watch them disappear very quickly – yum!
- 1 x 500g pack of baby new potatoes or Charlotte potatoes
- 1 dessertspoon of Pimenton
- 2 tablespoons of light olive oil
- Maldon salt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Parboil the potatoes whole in salted water. Drain and allow the steam to disappear.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the new potatoes in half or into thick coins – they should be roughly equal in size. Place in a roasting tray and toss thoroughly in the olive oil and Pimenton.
- Roast for 30 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and add them to a serving dish and sprinkle with crunchy Maldon salt.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?