The Easter holidays are on the way and then, hopefully, a long, hot summer of BBQ’s and delicious salads. This stuffed pepper recipe is one of my favourites for the summer table. It’s very easy to make and tastes stunning – the anchovy, tomatoes, herbs and garlic create a sauce inside the pepper so serve it with something like crusty bread or couscous to soak up the juices.
You will need…
- 4 large red bell peppers, halved – serves 4 as a starter or 8 buffet-style
- 8 anchovies, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 basil leaves
- 8 teaspoons of olive oil
- 8 teaspoons of sundried tomato paste
- 8 teaspoons of chopped green or black olives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Halve each pepper, keep the stalk intact and remove the seeds. Place them in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Add to each half a whole chopped anchovy, 1/2 a chopped clove of garlic, a basil leaf, a teaspoon of sun-dried tomato paste, a teaspoon of chopped olives and top with two halved cherry tomatoes. Pour over a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and serve warm.
To buy a copy of my recipe book “Whats4teaMum?” Favourite recipes from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen – click here.