If you want a grown up and sophisticated dessert that feels like a light option at the end of a rich dinner menu, then this chocolate and espresso sorbet is quite perfect. There’s no dairy content yet it still tastes incredibly rich and creamy. It’s super easy and relatively inexpensive to make and soooooooo moreish! Due to the caffeine content, this is a strictly adult dessert and not suitable for children; not that you’ll want to share it with them anyway!
You will need…
- 150ml espresso or very strong filter coffee made with a high coffee to water ratio
- 150g Green & Black’s organic cocoa powder
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 650ml water
- Optional: Kahlua liqueur, chopped pistachios or roasted hazelnuts
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil for 4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the coffee and cocoa powder, stir to combine thoroughly and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, chill in the fridge for an hour and then churn in an ice cream maker (I use the Magimix Le Glacier).
- Store in a shallow container in the freezer.
- If you’re not serving this straight away, allow to soften a little in the fridge before scooping.
- Serve in pretty glass dishes and pour over a teaspoon of Kahlua and sprinkle with chopped nuts such as hazelnuts or pistachios.