A perfect dessert to follow an Indian feast!
I love a good curry at any time but when I serve an Indian themed menu for a dinner party, I’m often at a loss as to what to make for dessert. Well, I think I’ve found the perfect answer with this delicious (and super easy to make) chilled mango and passion fruit fool. Unlike a traditional fool which is cream-heavy, this is lightened with yoghurt and the combination of mango and passion fruit is heavenly; sweet, smooth mango purée offset with the sharp flavour of passion fruit. This recipe served 4 decent sized portions in the glass dishes I used, it will stretch to 6 if you use dinkier sized ones. A shortbread biscuit makes a perfect accompaniment.
You will need…
- 1 large ripe fresh mango, about 300g of flesh
- 2 passion fruit
- 11/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 200g double cream
- 150g natural greek yogurt
- 75g golden caster sugar
- Take the mango flesh and blend it into a purée with the lemon juice. Whip the double cream and fold it gently into the mango flesh and then the yoghurt. Don’t mix it thoroughly, go for more of a ripple effect so you can still taste the purée.
- Spoon it into your serving dishes and chill for at least an hour.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and squeeze the flesh over the top of the fool. Enjoy!