Unfortunately, a new job and a trip to Lisbon have made it pretty difficult to put up any new recipes for a while. Apologies. Anyway, we had some old friends over for the weekend and I needed to put together a tasty supper that was quick and easy – I served the pork loin wrapped in Parma ham from an earlier post and paired it with delicious Pommes Coq d’Or and sautéed courgettes. Nom.
- 175ml chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 750g of waxy potatoes
- 25g of butter
- Optional: alternate the potato layers with wafer thin slices of either celeriac or cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter the inside of a large ovenproof gratin dish.
- Make up 175ml chicken stock with a good quality stock cube or gel pot.
- Mash 2 cloves of garlic with a little sea salt and black pepper until it turns to a paste and add it to the stock.
- Peel and thinly slice 750g of waxy potatoes – use a mandolin if you have one.
- Layer the thin slices of potato evenly in the dish to a maximum of up to 4 layers.
- Pour the chicken stock over the potatoes to come just below the top layer.
- Dot the top layer with about 25g of butter.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour until cooked through and golden on top.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on Twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen, and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?
Pingback: One Dish Chicken Dinner « Keitochan Says: