No #FridayRecipe this week folks unfortunately as I’ve been busy prepping my spread for The Johnston Press for Christmas – a full Christmas menu and cookery tips, so watch out for it in the December editions!
Anyway, before you know it, Christmas will be upon us so I thought I’d share a few links to my favourite online food providers instead. Hopefully, it will help you with some shop-ahead inspiration for serving over the holidays or to buy as gifts.
- Nifeislife.com – Italian specialty foods.
- Brindisia – Spanish grocery specialties from the famous London food stores and restaurants.
- Pump Street Bakery – Orford, Suffolk. Eccles cakes, sourdough, chocolate and more, delivered to your door!
- Tregothnan Tea – based in Cornwall, the only place tea is grown in Britain.
- Rare Tea Company – great gifts for the tea head!
- Ottolenghi pantry online – all you need to cook Ottolenghi-style.
- Betty’s of Yorkshire – superlative tea, coffee, chocolates, cakes, baked goods and food gifts from my favourite place in Yorkshire delivered direct to your home.
- Demijohn – gorgeous and unusual vinegars, oils and home made liqueurs from Edinburgh. Blackcurrant gin anyone?
- Sous Chef – all kinds of unusual and hard to source ingredients from countries like Brazil, Vietnam, USA, France, Japan and India.
- Steenbergs Organic – organic products of kinds from this Yorkshire based business with lots of lovely herb, salt and spice blends.
- Mex Grocer – for all things authentically Mexican.
- Field & Flower grass fed meat, mail order.
- Pong – the ultimate mail order cheese site.
- Discover Venison – delicious Suffolk venison from Jim Allen.