This is one of those quick, simple, inexpensive but ‘oh so tasty’ pasta dishes that you’ll make over and over again. You only need to use a few basic store cupboard ingredients and you can have this ready for lunch or supper in about 20 minutes.
You will need…(serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons of light olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar
- 400g linguine
- 160g tin of tuna, drained
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sweat the onions for about 10 minutes until soft, sweet and golden. Add the tomatoes, sugar and salt, simmer gently.
- Cook the linguine according to the instructions on the pack – it’s usually 10 minutes in a large pan of boiling salted water.
- By the time the pasta is ready, the sauce should have reduced. Stir in the tuna.
- Drain the pasta and tip it into the sauce, coat each strand thoroughly.
- Serve in warm bowls and top with the Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Share, follow, like, enjoy!
- To get the latest #TheFridayRecipe from the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen blog, just add your email address to the subscribe box at the top right-hand column of the website.
- Follow me on Twitter @pigeoncottage, on Instagram at Pigeon Cottage Kitchen, and the Pigeon Cottage Kitchen page on Facebook.
- Click on the link to get your very own copy of my family recipe book, Whats4teaMum?